Interstate 71 in Louisville reduced to one lane October 5-8 | Transportation
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) – Work on Interstate 71 will cause lane closures October 5 through October 8.
According to KYTC, the right lane of I-71 north will be closed between I-264 and the Lime Kiln Lane underpass. The lane will be closed from 8 p.m. Friday, October 5 until 5 a.m. on Monday. October 8. The left lane of I-71 south will be closed approaching the Watterson Expressway from 7 a.m. until midnight on Saturday, October 6.
Andrea Clifford with the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet said crews will be placing asphalt for the new lanes being built.
Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near East/Northeast Louisville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Car filled with smoke in parking lot of gentlemen's club leads to arrest
- LMPD: Man admits role in armed robbery outside Walmart
- Woman arrested after taking Lortab before driving
- LMPD: Liquor store employee accomplice to armed robbery of business
- Man arrested for passing out over steering wheel of SUV stopped at light
- Reward for information in Kroger employee's murder increased to $30,000
- Reward increased to $25,000 in murder of Kroger employee
- Police: Murdered Kroger employee was targeted, not a random victim
- Police: Leads, but no motive for murder outside St. Matthews Kroger
- Police following 'several solid leads' after Kroger employee's murder