LMPD to participate in impaired drivers campaign | News
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) – Metro police are teaming up with police agencies across the country for a new crackdown on impaired drivers.
The Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over campaign will include extra patrols looking for drunk drivers, extra police officers at high profile events and a national media campaign.
“With more bars and restaurants that sell alcohol than anywhere else in the state, we do have an uphill battle,” said Sgt. Mike Minnier, LMPD.
Last year, Kentucky recorded more than 5,600 crashed related to drugs and alcohol.
Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Top East/Northeast Louisville Stories
Upcoming Events near East/Northeast Louisville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Boil Water Advisory issued in Jefferson County lifted
- Councilwoman Welch hosts District 13 low cost rabies clinic with LMAS
- Kroger announces retirement of Mid-South Division President John Hackett
- Gallery of Honor to be unveiled at Elmcroft of Valley Farms
- Jefferson Memorial Forest to hold Alpine Tower Night Climb