One more meeting planned to discuss the future of A. B Sawyer Park | News
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - The last in a series of public meetings will take place on Tuesday, August 21 concerning the future plans for A. B. Sawyer Park.
The meeting is sponsored by Metro Parks and will include a presentation of final plans draft followed by open discussion with input by park users and area residents.
A. B. Sawyer Park is home to Lyndon Recreation Association, Metro Parks Landscape Division offices, a Metro recycling site and a Metro Parks maintenance facility. The 47 1/4 acre park includes 12 ball fields, two playgrounds, restrooms and tennis courts.
The park‘s geological features include two springs, a karst window, sinkholes, woodlands, wetlands, and meadows. Plans for the future A. B. Sawyer Greenway and Louisville Loop will be3 discussed along with balance between active and passive use of the area.
The meeting will be at held Lyndon City Hall, 515 Wood Road from 7 – 8:30 pm.
For more information, click this link.
Copyright 2012 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Top East/Northeast Louisville Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Councilwoman Welch hosts District 13 low cost rabies clinic with LMAS
- Kroger announces retirement of Mid-South Division President John Hackett
- Gallery of Honor to be unveiled at Elmcroft of Valley Farms
- Jefferson Memorial Forest to hold Alpine Tower Night Climb
- Boil Water Advisory issued in Jefferson County