Nearly $1 million in fake watches seized at UPS | Crime
LOUISVILLE, KY (WAVE) - A package seized at the UPS express consignment facility contained a retail value of $933,000 in counterfeit watches.
Louisville Customs and Border Protection officers intercepted a package that was sent on June 23 from China. The parcel contained 1,500 watches and was addressed to a business in Texas.
The shipment contained watches that looked like ones produced by Armani, Cartier, Lacoste and Breitling corporations.
CBP officers and import specialists thought the watches were fake and the entire shipment was seized for further investigation.
"This is an outstanding example of how we protect the American public from high priced sub standard counterfeit goods," said Daivd Murphy, Chicago CBP Director of Field Operations. "Consumers must have confidence in knowing that the products they purchase are legitimate, safe and supportive of the economy of the United States. Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is."
Copyright 2011 WAVE News. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near East/Northeast Louisville
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Car filled with smoke in parking lot of gentlemen's club leads to arrest
- LMPD: Man admits role in armed robbery outside Walmart
- Woman arrested after taking Lortab before driving
- LMPD: Liquor store employee accomplice to armed robbery of business
- Man arrested for passing out over steering wheel of SUV stopped at light
- Reward for information in Kroger employee's murder increased to $30,000
- Reward increased to $25,000 in murder of Kroger employee
- Police: Murdered Kroger employee was targeted, not a random victim
- Police: Leads, but no motive for murder outside St. Matthews Kroger
- Police following 'several solid leads' after Kroger employee's murder